Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Cranky, Cranky Me

So after years of constant low-grade nausea and random abdominal pain, I have a diagnosis: biliary dyskinesia, basically my gallbladder spasms uncontrollably for no apparent reason. I even have a suggested treatment: yank that fucker out! Except that actual research shows that gallbladder removal isn't as successful for treating biliary dyskinesia as it for treating gallstones. As in, I could risk a surgery and not feel better. Nor does there really seem to be a risk to biliary dyskinesia other than crippling pain. Oh, hello, pain, my old friend. Come to visit me again?

The other treatment is to follow the diet recommended for those who have had their gallbladders removed, which can be best described as What the fuck do I eat, then? Not the hollandaise sauce that went with last night's flounder and steamed vegetables. Not the cookies currently in the break room, being all delicious. Not the 50 cent bag of chips in the snack machine that has the advantage of being cheap and holding back hunger for another hour and who doesn't like chips?

FUCK! I'd have the surgery just to be able to enjoy cookies and hollandaise sauce (who wants to live forever, anyway?), except that I wouldn't be able to eat them after the surgery, either. FUCKFUCKFUCK!!

Yeah, I'm gonna miss food. I'm also likely to make the people around me miss me eating food. It's not so much that misery loves company, as it is that misery demands company.

3 comments:

  1. That sounds yucky. I had my gallbladder out a few years ago and my surgeon gave me information afterwards which basically says 'eat whetver you like'. And I do..

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, i came to say what catd said. i RARELY have a problem, and even then, it's if i OVERindulge to the point of looking like a posterchild for GLUTTONY [I.E. don't be me and get into a pizza eating contest. and don't win if you do]

    but OTHER than that - it's pretty awesome.
    if, of course, it actually WILL fix your problem

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's really awful. What a shitty situation to be in. I'm thinking of you. I hope it all works out - somehow.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are for you guys, not for me. Say what you will. Don't feel compelled to stay on topic, I enjoy it when comments enter Tangentville or veer off into Non Sequitur Town. Just keep it polite, okay?

I am attempting to use blogger's new comment spam feature. If you don't immediately see your comment, it is being held in spam, I will get it out next time I check the filter. Unless you are Dennis Markuze, in which case you're never seeing your comment.

Creative Commons License
Forever in Hell by Personal Failure is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at foreverinhell.blogspot.com.