Thursday, December 23, 2010

Where, Exactly, Is the War on Christmas Being Waged?


I finally did my Christmas shopping last night (I depend upon my bonus for that, and we don't get it until the week before Christmas) and while I fought the crazed crowds for the last zebra print Snuggy, I looked for evidence of this famous War on Christmas. I live in a liberal, Democratic, college town of approximately 200,000, not that far from New York City. If ever there were a place for godless atheists to make their mark in the War on Christmas, where I live is it.

I found no evidence of any such war. None. At all.

The county buses all flash "Merry Christmas!". I went to five stores, and all the cashiers wished me a Merry Christmas. Christmas music was playing at every store. Christmas decorations abounded. This morning's bus driver wished me a Merry Christmas.

So, where, exactly, is the War on Christmas being waged?

3 comments:

  1. In the hearts and minds of dipshits everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They held a war and nobody came?

    ReplyDelete
  3. no fair, Geds stole what i was going to say!


    well, i was gonna say "morons" not dipshits, but still!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are for you guys, not for me. Say what you will. Don't feel compelled to stay on topic, I enjoy it when comments enter Tangentville or veer off into Non Sequitur Town. Just keep it polite, okay?

I am attempting to use blogger's new comment spam feature. If you don't immediately see your comment, it is being held in spam, I will get it out next time I check the filter. Unless you are Dennis Markuze, in which case you're never seeing your comment.

Creative Commons License
Forever in Hell by Personal Failure is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at foreverinhell.blogspot.com.