Thursday, February 25, 2010

Notes from the Day

Mother Nature is a mean bitch. She combined epic snowfall with getting my period early with the day before payday. So there I was, trudging through 4" of snow, in my winter boots that I quickly learned are no longer weatherproof, carrying a coffee can half full of pennies to the Coinstar. I recommend against carrying a coffee can around while wearing a pashmina wrapped around your head hijab-like to protect your hair from the snow. Apparently, I looked like a terrorist. A really stylish terrorist.



This is the conversation we had with Meanboss at 11 am.

Us: There's 3" of snow on the ground, and it's falling at a rate of 2"/hour for the next 12 hours.

Meanboss: So?

Us: We'd like to go home before we get snowed in.

Meanboss: There's 3" of snow on the ground- you're being ridiculous!

Us: 6 hours x 2"/hour + 3" on the ground = 15" of snow.

Meanboss: Fine. We can leave at 2:30.

Us: *collective seething hatred*


So, I'll see you when I see you.

3 comments:

  1. we got lucky here in MA. It's been all rain (though the wind is howling something fierce right now).

    ReplyDelete
  2. test - please ignore this comment



    trying to get the exact error message - don't want to clutter up new posts, want the exact wording...


    just ignore it [it's hidden in glitter and moonbeams!]

    ReplyDelete
  3. well, hell - the only time i've wanted the error, no error.


    typical. INTRATUBES, WHY MUST YOU HATE ME SO!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are for you guys, not for me. Say what you will. Don't feel compelled to stay on topic, I enjoy it when comments enter Tangentville or veer off into Non Sequitur Town. Just keep it polite, okay?

I am attempting to use blogger's new comment spam feature. If you don't immediately see your comment, it is being held in spam, I will get it out next time I check the filter. Unless you are Dennis Markuze, in which case you're never seeing your comment.

Creative Commons License
Forever in Hell by Personal Failure is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at foreverinhell.blogspot.com.