Monday, August 3, 2009

Heart of Jenin


ahmed khatib, jenin, israel, palestine, palestinian, heart,

A Palestinian boy is killed by Israeli soldiers.


I bet you think you know the whole story now, don't you? So did I.


The story doesn't end the way you think it would. It doesn't end in violence and reprisals, it ends in love and sacrifice and new beginnings when the boy's family decides to donate his organs. Two years later, the boy's father journeys to visit the children whose lives were saved by his son's death: a Druze girl, a Bedouin boy and an Orthodox Jewish girl.


Heart of Jenin is an amazing documentary. You will cry, but there is hope in Ahmed Khatib’s story, and that hope is for all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are for you guys, not for me. Say what you will. Don't feel compelled to stay on topic, I enjoy it when comments enter Tangentville or veer off into Non Sequitur Town. Just keep it polite, okay?

I am attempting to use blogger's new comment spam feature. If you don't immediately see your comment, it is being held in spam, I will get it out next time I check the filter. Unless you are Dennis Markuze, in which case you're never seeing your comment.

Creative Commons License
Forever in Hell by Personal Failure is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at foreverinhell.blogspot.com.