Thursday, June 11, 2009

Oh, C'mon, You Knew I'd Mock Her Eventually, Right?

carrie prejean, traditional, marriage, gay, same sex, homophobia, california,

Carrie Prejean's open letter on Big Hollywood:


Let me begin by saying I treasure the opportunity I’ve had to represent the great State of California, and I would like to extend my deepest gratitude to the thousands of Californians except the gay ones, and other Americans, I have met and who have stood with me through this controversial firestorm um, the firestorm was controversial?. One of the many enduring enduring? as in "lasts a long time"? sure you weren't thinking of "endearing"? things about being Miss California USA as opposed to Miss California Russia? was the opportunity to get to meet and know so many wonderful people not the gay ones. i don't understand why they were so mean to me. I would not be the strong, courageous woman bwahahahahaha what courage? your courage in getting breast implants or your strength in parading around half naked? I am today without your support, and prayers.

I would like to thank Mr. Donald Trump and his organization for his support uh, he fired you and defending me HE FIRED YOU through the most challenging time of my life what are you, like 20? come talk to me after becoming homeless or developing a life threatening illness, you spoiled brat. I am so grateful for him "to"?, and the opportunity I’ve had to get to know him. I admire, and respect him. you know he fired you, right? they did tell you that? I wish Tami Farrell the best; I know she will do a great job.

I hope Americans watching this story unfold, take away the most important lesson I have learned through all of this when your 15 minutes of fame come up, you jump on them like a starving dog on a rib roast: nothing is more important than standing up for what you believe in if you can figure out what that is, no matter what the cost may be. you know, like anne frank. I’ve done my best under the difficult circumstances of being paid lots of money to spout hate and wear clothes to handle the vicious attacks with integrity and show respect to others except gay others, even those who don’t agree with me.

I worked in good faith to meet my responsibilities as Miss California USA. I have met every scheduled appearance, and responsibility, as recently as May 31st. 11 days ago I have followed the proper protocol requested of me except for accepting work from outside organizations and haven’t made any appearances or speaking engagements without the consent or approval from the Miss California USA or Miss Universe Organizations. as recently as 11 days ago I have not signed with any book publisher or taken on any business proposals. after may 31 As of today, June 11, 2009, I have done everything possible to honor my contract. except, you know, fulfill it.

I am proud to be an American, and blessed to have had the opportunity to exercise my freedom of speech. no, we all get the opportunity, every minute of every day. you don't need a microphone and fuckme pumps for it to count as freedom of speech. I am excited and looking forward to where God leads me in the future. I know He has big plans for me. if you get my drift. I am proud to be the strong woman God and plastic surgeons has molded me to be. I will always stand for the truth, that i'd be a bigot if i could figure out exactly what it is i think respectfully, and never back down.

Thank you and God Bless,

Carrie Prejean

I'm gonna miss Carrie. She's been so much fun.

7 comments:

  1. She really has.

    Although she also has extremely similar facial features to an ex of mine who I really, really don't remember fondly, so think I could handle having less of her face plastered all over the news...

    ReplyDelete
  2. "of being paid lots of money to spout hate and wear clothes"

    I believe part of her "problems" was the fact she couldn't do that last part, PF.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's certainly relishing her role of martyr.

    ReplyDelete
  4. New panel member on The View, anyone?

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was just what I was thinking - absent medicine and technological intervention, humans would only live much shorter lives.

    Also, I am quite curious to know how you found my blog, and discovered that I commented on Makarios's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Makarios and I have a thing going on. I pick on him, he picks on me- all very civilly, mind you. He's not a bad guy, he just has very odd ideas about atheists.

    I just shuddered to think that you might be forming your opinions of atheists from what Makarios says about us. It would be like me forming an opinion about Indians based on what some guy whose job was outsourced to India had to say about Indians.

    ReplyDelete
  7. the most challenging time of my life what are you, like 20? come talk to me after becoming homeless or developing a life threatening illness, you spoiled brat.

    Word! You get a prize for that.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are for you guys, not for me. Say what you will. Don't feel compelled to stay on topic, I enjoy it when comments enter Tangentville or veer off into Non Sequitur Town. Just keep it polite, okay?

I am attempting to use blogger's new comment spam feature. If you don't immediately see your comment, it is being held in spam, I will get it out next time I check the filter. Unless you are Dennis Markuze, in which case you're never seeing your comment.

Creative Commons License
Forever in Hell by Personal Failure is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at foreverinhell.blogspot.com.