Monday, January 12, 2009

There Just Isn't Quite Enough Suffering in the World

So, I have a hate troll that just can't let go. I wanted a troll, but more of a "jesus loves you even if you don't believe in him" troll, not a troll that advocates murder.

God clearly says that homosexuality is a civil crime punishable by death. (While we currently do not live in a society that has a Godly enough view of Justice to carry this out, it is still important to inform people of the severity of this crime.)

Yes, murder. He can dress it up as "the bible told me so", but it's still murder.

Let's stop and think about this for a moment. Gays are human beings. They feel and think and dream just like you and me. Kill a gay, and he ceases to be. Gays are also daughters and sons, mothers and fathers, sisters and brothers, best friends and lovers. Kill a gay, and you hurt every single person who loves them, as well. And not just their families. There is a barrista at my local Starbucks who is just the nicest person every. She always has a smile and a compliment for every customer. Every time I interact with her, even for the few moments necessary to order a latte, I leave smiling. She makes the world a better place. Kill her (I have no idea whether or not she is gay) and you affect every person who will no longer leave the Starbucks with a smile.

This is beyond heinous.

The world does not need more suffering. We need more love, not less. We need more smiles and more compliments and more kindness.

Besides, how would we even enforce this? Random thoughts, blog comments, looks in the wrong direction? Would we set up cameras in every person's bedroom, take testimony from hateful neighbors, believe the word of homophobes with agendas? Welcome to the godly world: now with 20% more fear!

Where does gayhatingtroll get his murderous position from?

Lev 20:13 'If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.

Let us examine something else that god considers worthy of death: adultery.

Lev 20:10 If a man commits adultery with another man's wife—with the wife of his neighbor—both the adulterer and the adulteress must be put to death.

Well, okay, keep your dick out of other people's wives. Simple enough, right?

Not so much. Jesus completely redefines adultery thusly: Matt 5:28 But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

So, one random thought, just one "hey, nice ass" moment, and YOU MUST DIE!

So, shotgunwildatheart, I have to ask, have you never, ever, ever committed thought adultery? Really? (I'm just assuming you still have functioning testicles, perhaps I am wrong.)

So, let me predict homophobictroller's response to the above question: Jesus forgives. Having been saved, I have eternal forgiveness, so it isn't necessary to put me to death. Uh-huh.

MAYBE THAT WAS THE POINT OF JESUS' STATEMENT IN THE FIRST PLACE, ASSHAT! That we all need forgiveness. That we are all sinners. No one is better than anyone else, so stop with the hating and get with the loving.

Let's examine Jesus' message a little further.

John 8:3-8

3The teachers of the law and the Pharisees brought in a woman caught in adultery. They made her stand before the group
4and said to Jesus, "Teacher, this woman was caught in the act of adultery.*
5In the Law Moses commanded us to stone such women. Now what do you say?"
6They were using this question as a trap, in order to have a basis for accusing him.
But Jesus bent down and started to write on the ground with his finger.

7When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "If any one of you is without sin, let him be the first to throw a stone at her."
8Again he stooped down and wrote on the ground.**

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone. So, hey, you want to kill homosexuals? Go find the amazing sinless person to start the killing. I'll give you a hint: she's riding a unicorn.

I have an even better idea than the unicorn hunt. Take all that gayhating energy and turn it to something else. Feed the hungry, clothe the naked, comfort the dying. Help out at an animal shelter, teach people how to read, clean up a little piece of highway.

Make the world a better place.

* I always wanted to know this woman's story. I find it hard to believe that 2000 years ago, some woman living in Jerusalem or the surrounding area was like "Look at Joe down the street! He is so hot- all muscley and strong, and those blue eyes and that sc-- (sorry, now you're in my fantasy)" Seriously, no. I think it far more likely that she was raped. So, here she is, freshly raped and about to be stoned to death for it. Imagine her fear and humiliation and shame. She may not have been all that happy to be spared. Poor woman. This is currently happening to women all over the world, by the way. It's called honor killing and it's detestable.

**What was he writing? That really bothered me. It's mentioned- the writing- twice, but we never know what was so important that he couldn't be bothered to really deal with the Pharisees. Why did Jesus never write anything himself? Clearly, he could and did write. I'm probably overthinking this.

And, just for the record: I feel the same way about Jesus as I do about Ghandi or MLK: great message. I may not agree with everything they have to say, and I certainly don't believe Jesus is the messiah, or a god, or even the son of god, but I like a lot of his message.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are for you guys, not for me. Say what you will. Don't feel compelled to stay on topic, I enjoy it when comments enter Tangentville or veer off into Non Sequitur Town. Just keep it polite, okay?

I am attempting to use blogger's new comment spam feature. If you don't immediately see your comment, it is being held in spam, I will get it out next time I check the filter. Unless you are Dennis Markuze, in which case you're never seeing your comment.

Creative Commons License
Forever in Hell by Personal Failure is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at foreverinhell.blogspot.com.