Monday, January 19, 2009

I Almost Forget

Products that are good for the (semi)disabled*:

1. CFLs-

Compact Flourescent Lightbulbs. Good for the environment, good for your wallet, but good for the semidisabled? If you're like me, and getting on a stepladder to change a lightbulb is taking your life into your own hands, then changing lightbulbs every 7 years instead of every few months is a good thing.

2. Swiffer Sweeper Vac-

No more bending down to sweep the dirt into the dustpan? A good thing. And it cleans better.

3. Swiffer Mop (or whatever it's actually called)-

Lugging around a pail of dirty water to clean 800 sq ft of hardwood floors? Not so much. Pressing a button to spray cleaner in front of you and then mopping it up with the same device? Aweswome.

Feel free to submit your own entries to the list.

*not being in a wheelchair or blind, I have no idea if these products are good for the more fully disabled, but probably.

2 comments:

  1. I love the Swiffer mop thingy. I have two floor, so it's so much easier on my poor bones to move that up and down the stairs.
    Also, I have problems gripping things, so opening jars is really hard sometimes. I got at a thrift store a thing that looks like a can opener that grabs onto the lid of the jar and helps give you leverage when you are opening it. I have no idea what it is called but it has been a life-saver!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i totally forgot about that thing. i would starve to death without it!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are for you guys, not for me. Say what you will. Don't feel compelled to stay on topic, I enjoy it when comments enter Tangentville or veer off into Non Sequitur Town. Just keep it polite, okay?

I am attempting to use blogger's new comment spam feature. If you don't immediately see your comment, it is being held in spam, I will get it out next time I check the filter. Unless you are Dennis Markuze, in which case you're never seeing your comment.

Creative Commons License
Forever in Hell by Personal Failure is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at foreverinhell.blogspot.com.