Friday, January 23, 2009

Fake Photos

abortion, choice, prolife, lying

Normally, I don't weigh in on the abortion debate. It's hyperemotional, hyperpolitical and hyperreligious, there's way more than two sides and I'm not changing anybody's mind either way.

However, I do not approve of people lying (this link will take you to pictures you may find upsetting. Proceed with caution.) or using fake photographs to influence others. (I will say, however, that it is possible that Nugget simply didn't do any research on the photos.)

I am not reposting the photos here because I have no idea of the sensibilities of my readers. I found the fake photos disturbing (the point, I'm sure) and I like violent video games. Don't say I didn't warn you, however.

How do I know the pictures are fake? The second one is definitely fake, and here's why: that picture is labeled as an aborted fetus at 9 weeks, comparing it to a dime, right there in the picture. A dime is (and I actually measured one) about 3/4 of an inch wide. Now, according to WebMD, at 8 weeks, a fetus is . . . about the size of a grape -- 0.56 to 0.8 inches from crown to rump. 0.8 inches would be 0.05 inches bigger than a dime. In the picture, the alleged "aborted fetus" is at least 4 dimes from crown to rump.

The picture is a fake. Lying to make your point makes it look like you have no point at all.

(I'm not allowing any comments that label me a "baby murderer" or make any assumptions at all about my feelings on abortion. You have no idea how I feel about that, so don't assume. The subject of this post is not abortion, it is dishonesty.)

1 comment:

  1. there's nothing anywhere to back up the claims the pics are faked. in fact, you can find evidence that proves otherwise, including lawsuits of slander filed against pro-choice liars by the CBR
    if the babies age is labeled wrong it doesn't make the picture a fake it just means the person labeling it did it wrong, so you phail

    ReplyDelete

Comments are for you guys, not for me. Say what you will. Don't feel compelled to stay on topic, I enjoy it when comments enter Tangentville or veer off into Non Sequitur Town. Just keep it polite, okay?

I am attempting to use blogger's new comment spam feature. If you don't immediately see your comment, it is being held in spam, I will get it out next time I check the filter. Unless you are Dennis Markuze, in which case you're never seeing your comment.

Creative Commons License
Forever in Hell by Personal Failure is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at foreverinhell.blogspot.com.