Monday, December 8, 2008

More "We're All Going to Die!" Hilarity

This article from American Thinker made me sit up and say, "huh?". The thrust of the article is that Obama, being a peace, love and flowers hippie, is going to kill us all. Mostly I ignore this sort of thing, because it's just silly, but this passage made me laugh.

Obama is making the Governor of Arizona, Janet Napolitano, the Secretary of Homeland Security. This "analysis" made me laugh.

Imagine if President George W. Bush had named the governor of Arizona as his Homeland Security director when the post was created in the aftermath of 9/11! The nation would have howled in protest.

Who was the first Secretary of Homeland Security? Tom Ridge, Governor of Pennsylvania. That's right, apparently being Governor of Pennsylvania gives one much more experience in Homeland Security than being Governor of Arizona, a state that borders another freakin' country!

As far as I can tell, what disqualifies Napolitano instead of Ridge is either her symmetric XX configuration, or that she's a Democrat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are for you guys, not for me. Say what you will. Don't feel compelled to stay on topic, I enjoy it when comments enter Tangentville or veer off into Non Sequitur Town. Just keep it polite, okay?

I am attempting to use blogger's new comment spam feature. If you don't immediately see your comment, it is being held in spam, I will get it out next time I check the filter. Unless you are Dennis Markuze, in which case you're never seeing your comment.

Creative Commons License
Forever in Hell by Personal Failure is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at foreverinhell.blogspot.com.